Introduce yourself!
Hi folks!
I am a 73 year old advanced beginner located in the Ft. Collins, Colorado area. I first heard about Eastmans on the Acoustic Guitar Forum. Members there just rave about them.  I had a nice parlor, a E20P that I loved but the neck was just too wide for me. I now own an AC808 that i have had for about four years.
Welcome to the forum, Charlie, glad you joined us!  If that is your AC808 that is for sale, it looks fantastic!  I predict it won't take long for you to sell.
I'm new to the site, so I thought I'd do the proper thing an say Hey....  I live in the wonderful Ozarks with my bride who puts up with my guitar habit. Been playing for 40+ years and am still ain't nothing but a hack player, but I have fun. Got my Eastman E10-00ss when I was on the look for smaller guitars. I was looking at a Gibson L-00, but thought it would be best to try something a little less expensive first, so I played & liked the Eastman. Since then I've gone to all 000 & 00 sized guitars in various brands. Looking at Eastman's OM models, but the ones with Sitka spruce don't come in a sunburst... which is almost a must... LOL

Anyway, I'm more a reader than a poster.. Thanks for the site..
greyrider, welcome to the forum, Ozarks are truly beautiful.  I live in the Piedmont of the Smokies, very similar including the poison ivy, why would I know that?

Eastman sunburst sitka OMs are not common but there are a few out there.

Yes, we can thank Tim Shaw for this great place to hang and talk Eastman.  Shy  
bert
Hi guys,
I thought I would join this excellent site after getting my second Eastman, I have a e10ss/v and e20ss. I am in my 50's now not performing at night anymore and i use these for my music classes and backing other music teachers and the new term music therapists in special ed classes. I do alot of traditional music, some is not appreciated by politically correct bosses who wont let me bring peanut butter sandwiches for lunch, but these guitars are just perfect for the music we play. I have actually now donated 2 guitars to schools because the eastmans can play anything.
Tim thank you for the site, eastman should make you a custom one of kind guitar, this site is only positive for the company. Duke
dang man, no peanut butter, you need two more Eastmans.

Welcome, glad to have you in the mix.  Eastman slopes are special, as well as OMs, etc.  bert
Welcome Greyrider and Duke!  Wink  Thanks for joining us here with fellow Eastman fans.  I'm always excited to see new users join the site and add to the conversation and community.  Glad you guys found us!
Well since my Eastman will only be sold after I'm no longer of this world, and am looking forward to a few more before that time, guess I should introduce myself to the Forum since I generally check it several times a week now.
Geographic Location: Ferndale California--- in the far north near the coast. Wonderful friendly people and equally wonderful maritime climate. Prior to that was in Eugene Oregon several years, and prior to that, Asheville NC for 12 years. Prior to that was in Carrboro/Chapel Hill NC for 25 years, and prior to that Wrightsville Beach NC for 17 years. I'm a mostly retired woodworker who did custom furniture, but still build/research/improve vintage style dovetailed speaker cabs--- trying me best to capture the tones and acoustic resonance of mid to late '50's cabs and having them be very lightweight! An important discovery at this juncture of maturation! It's fun to do and always learn new things regarding that.
Favorites related to Eastman: I have a SB/59 Classic Varnish (#102) and there simply are no words to describe this beyond superior guitar. I owned many what are now called 'vintage' guitars ( but back then were simply 'used' guitars that cost less and we generally felt inferior to the rich kids who had new guitars) in the early 70's, and have owned a couple of high end luthier made Les Paul's since starting to play again, as well as many, many Gibson's. There's just no comparison to the Eastman: a magic tone machine of impeccable construction. For the next one, am kinda torn between the new Aged Nitro Goldtop  with P90's coming soon; a T184 (my brother owns one and I love it); an 800 series acoustic (played an 822 at a jam and they had to pry it from my hands..), and though I certainly don't need it, am also trying to self justify an Amber varnish SB/59.
How did you discover Eastman: My brother--- who's much more of a jazz & alternative jazz player & who has owned them for several years. He has a T184, an AR905, an El Rey-4, an OM acoustic -- an E20 I believe, and two mandolins: an MD615 and an older model that I forget the model number. But he is to blame--- always an important thing to know!
Music interests/other: I started playing bass in 1969/70 around 12 years old, and was playing in bands by 13 years old. My first guitar, also at 13 y.o. (I realized bass players did not get the girls attention as much...) was a '66 Strat that was $175--- they were just used guitars back then! At various times over the following 12-14 years owned a '62 SG/Les Paul; a '66 SG; a '62 Jazzmaster; a '63 Jaguar (which I had far longer than any other); a '69 Goldtop LP; a late '70's a Norlin era Black Beauty LP; a '57 LP Special; an early '60's J45 Gibson acoustic (which also kept for years); a J50 Gibson; a late '60's Guild (D35?); a Travis Bean T-1000 and some more I don't remember the specifics about. The most I paid for any used guitar back then was $500 (the '62 SG/Les Paul) , most were trades. Played both electric (in bands) and acoustic (at home) for about 12-14 years before quitting for about 35 years. Took it up again a little over 2 years ago and it's "what I do" now and love it. I generally play blues rock/alternative improvisational (love Julian Lage) influenced stuff these days--- similar to what I had first learned and influenced greatly by Duane Allman; Peter Green; Eric Clapton; Jimmy Page; John Mclaughlin; Miles Davis; Richard Thompson; Dickie Betts; Jimi Hendrix; Robert Fripp; Steve Reich; the Delta and Hill country blues guys, etc etc.
  I was a Music Theory & Composition major in school so most of the useful parts of that came back.Used to play (long ago before I stopped) much more jazz oriented stuff, but for whatever reason, my passion these days is for all the blues rock stuff that was popular when I was a kid. It's what came naturally after putting down the guitar for 35 odd years. But I have fun with it and generally play several hours a day, and may even get good again if I keep it up!
And in retirement I'm generally building (& researching for better acoustics/resonance) handmade vintage style speaker cabs and always messing around with tube amps---mainly conversions from late '40's to late '50's PA heads, Stromberg Carlson; Grommes; Bogen; Thordarsson; etc. as they're incredibly well built and with little work for not much coin, being able to get incredible amps for cheap. It's just fun learning new stuff mainly and am happy you guys invited me to the Eastman forum. As I think I mentioned on here, the main thing wrong with my Eastman is it has turned me into a teenager again and keeps me up late at night playing. I guess there's worse things--- maybe one or two. Thank you!
Anderson
A belated welcome to greyrider and DukeS... and a timely welcome to tamerlane.  Glad to see our community growing with Eastman guitar players!
Tamerlane - welcome, I enjoyed reading your introduction!  I can appreciate why you love your Eastman SB59.  I am seeing that Eastman now has the goldburst finish in the V model, looks fantastic.  Welcome again to EGF and thanks for sharing your intro.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Allow myself to introduce...myself 3DayPhunk 7 2,142 01-10-2019, 10:49 PM
Last Post: Wildfield