Introduce yourself!
(07-27-2018, 09:09 AM)Pura Vida Wrote: Welcome, FloridaSon!

Tagging onto Bert's reply, Eastman's models usually combine a series of smaller codes.

Series:
E = traditional series (dread, OM/000, and parlor)
AC = acoustic series (GA only, I think)
PC = Pacific coast series (entry level versions of both E and AC series)

Tonewood combo:
6 = Mahogany/Sitka
8 = Rosewood/Sitka
10 = Mahogany/Adi
20 = Rosewood/Adi
40 = Rosewood/Adi (premium)

But they just added two new models:
1 = Sapele/Sitka
2 = Sapele/Sapele

Body Size:
D = dread
OM = OM/000
P = parlor
SS = slope shoulder dread

So, an E20OM is traditional series, Rosewood/Adi, OM size.

The AC model #s are designated by tonewood combos.  Rather than listing them, here's the link:  https://www.eastmanguitars.com/acoustic_...auditorium

Hope this helps!

This is great, missed it at first. Many thanks

(07-27-2018, 10:53 AM)Meathead Wrote: Hi FloridaSon - welcome to EGF... you won't be disappointed with any Eastman model you choose!

Thanks Brian for the Eastman specification/model chart.

Thank you!
Geographic Location? Central Pennsylvania

How did you discover Eastman? The Google

Favorites related to Eastman - favorite models & wood combos, and which model is next on your purchase list? I own an 803-15D

Music interests & anything else? I love music in general but sadly, my music-making career is past due to illness.
Hello,

I noticed this thread after posting my first (second, and third) post(s).  Rolleyes

I am Darryl...Wildfield is an English translation of my family name.

Geographic Location?  SF Bay Area, San Jose, CA

How did you discover Eastman?  I have followed Eastman archtops for some time now.  I have an AR503CE and am thinking about buying an AR603CE-15.

I have a few other electric archtops by Ibanez and Stephen Holst as well as a few acoustic guitars by Taylor and Cervantes and a few solid bodies and semi hollow by G&L, Carvin and Ibanez.

Favorites related to Eastman? I have been a fan of Eastman's archtops and semi hollows for a while now.  Not familiar with their flat tops.  Based on the quality of my AR503CE, they seem to produce high quality, nice sounding instruments at a very affordable price.

Music interests & anything else? I mostly listen to modern jazz (Miles, Coltrane, Hank Mobley, Dexter Gordon, etc) and especially jazz guitar (Kenny Burrell, Joe Pass, Jimmy Raney, etc. + many of the younger players such as Russell Malone, John Hart, Corey Christiansen, etc.).  I also grew up in the James Taylor, Livingston Taylor, Carole King folk-rock era, the Kalapana, C&K, Beamer Bros Hawaiian folk era and the David Wilcox, Lucy Kaplansky, next-generation folk-rock era, so I love to hear a good lyric along with fingerpicking and alternate tunings.  Lastly, I love fingerstyle acoustic guitar.  Earl Klugh, Pete Huttlinger, Chet Atkins and Tommy Emmanuel are among my favorites.

I am an amateur guitarist who plays occasionally for weddings, funerals and weekly church services as well as community events.  I've also had the opportunity to play at local theaters and coffee houses, but make my living as supply chain manager in the outdoor industry.

Looking forward to learning more about Eastman guitars through your posts!
NoamSane and Wildfield, welcome to the EGF!  It's great to see new members from my past state (PA) and current state (CA).
Geographic Location? 
About 30 miles North of Boston MA

How did you discover Eastman?
Getting back to playing after a 30+ intrusion from the working world.  I have a Gibson J-50 from 1971, and didn't want to take it to a boat for daily outdoor playing, so I started researching smaller, high quality, electric/acoustic guitars that might be a better fit.  No surprise, Eastmans kept popping up.  When I finally got my hands on an older AC312 I was hooked.  I have since added an AC508M, and a T185MX.  All amazing sounding guitars.

Favorites related to Eastman - favorite models & wood combos, and which model is next on your purchase list?
Always been a big fan of larger dreads so I am thinking of selling off the two acoustics above in order to purchase or trade for a higher quality dread.

Music interests & anything else?
Welcome, pbpicone!  I just purchased a 2016 T185MX, and I'm loving it!  Big fan of the Eastman dreads too.  Glad you joined the forum.
Welcome to the EGF pbpicone, you obviously know good guitars... the old J50s are beloved by acoustic players.
The best thing about finding Eastman is things get mo better as you go along.  bert
Geographic Location:
Southwest Missouri, USA

How did you discover Eastman?
A buddy of mine had a music store here in town. One day I went in to visit and he had this Eastman Jumbo cutaway acoustic on the wall. I'd never heard of Eastman. I took it down and played it, and was blown away. I bought it and have loved it since. Best acoustic I've ever owned and I've owned some nice acoustics; Martin HD-28, Gibson Hummingbird Custom, Gibson SJN, J-45, etc.

Favorites related to Eastman - favorite models & wood combos, and which model is next on your purchase list?
I like rosewood back/sides with spruce tops mostly on acoustics, but this Eastman AC630CE has Englemann Spruce top with Flame Maple Back/Sides. I think that combo works really well on a Jumbo body. My next Eastman (after the SB59 I just bought yesterday) will be either a Semi-Hollow thinline or an all-Koa acoustic (does Eastman build those yet?). I like the way Koa acoustics sound and I know Eastman would build a killer Koa.

Music interests & anything else?
Grew up on Beatles, Eagles, James Taylor, Jim Croce, Jackson Browne. Zeppelin, Lynyrd Skynyrd, and many more. Play mostly fingerstyle acoustic, rediscovering my electric roots after quite a spell. (Thank heaven for Stevie Ray Vaughan.) I've dabbled in building acoustics and have two that are almost finished (been on hold for a couple years but retirement is looming and I hope to get back to it soon.)

Happy Picking Everyone!
northsongs, welcome to EGF.  My son has an AC630 and he feels the same way about his, maple & engelmann is a true winner.  SB59 is very popular here on the forum, you're off to a great start.

Eastman does not build a Koa model to my knowledge, Koa is fairly costly for a buillder and at times in short supply - don't know if that's a factor.  I also believe they could do wonders with Koa.

+1 on SRV.   

bert
Welcome to the forum Northsongs! Great info and people here

Anderson

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Allow myself to introduce...myself 3DayPhunk 7 2,142 01-10-2019, 10:49 PM
Last Post: Wildfield