Introduce yourself!
Welcome pbpicone and northsongs!

Northsongs - congrats on the new SB59, which color/finish did you go with?  I assume you are enjoying it?  Smile
(08-06-2018, 08:29 PM)Wildfield Wrote: Music interests & anything else? I mostly listen to modern jazz (Miles, Coltrane, Hank Mobley, Dexter Gordon, etc) and especially jazz guitar (Kenny Burrell, Joe Pass, Jimmy Raney, etc. + many of the younger players such as Russell Malone, John Hart, Corey Christiansen, etc.).  I also grew up in the James Taylor, Livingston Taylor, Carole King folk-rock era, the Kalapana, C&K, Beamer Bros Hawaiian folk era and the David Wilcox, Lucy Kaplansky, next-generation folk-rock era, so I love to hear a good lyric along with fingerpicking and alternate tunings.  Lastly, I love fingerstyle acoustic guitar.  Earl Klugh, Pete Huttlinger, Chet Atkins and Tommy Emmanuel are among my favorites.

I am an amateur guitarist who plays occasionally for weddings, funerals and weekly church services as well as community events.  I've also had the opportunity to play at local theaters and coffee houses, but make my living as supply chain manager in the outdoor industry.

Looking forward to learning more about Eastman guitars through your posts!

Hey Wildfield - I intended to respond to your intro and realized I hadn't done it yet.  Wanted to say - you and I like a lot of the same players!  I am a huge fan of Earl Klugh, Pete Huttlinger and Tommy Emmanuel.  I've learned a variety of Tommy and Pete's songs, and now have been focusing on trying to learn how to play Earl Klugh.  Fingerstyle jazz is a whole new realm and challenge!  I also play electric guitar at my local church which I enjoy quite a bit..  Anyway, I enjoyed seeing our similar artist fandom.

Welcome and glad you found EGF!
Tim
(08-23-2018, 09:55 PM)Meathead Wrote: Welcome pbpicone and northsongs!

Northsongs - congrats on the new SB59, which color/finish did you go with?  I assume you are enjoying it?  Smile

sunburst and nitro - and yes, I'm enjoying everything about it!
Meathead likes this post
Geographic Location? Huntington Beach

How did you discover Eastman? Got my attention early on, when they started with the archtops/

Favorites related to Eastman - favorite models & wood combos, and which model is next on your purchase list? 805 was my first, currently have a T184 (for sale), T185 and AR 380

Music interests & anything else? Julian Lage, Mary Halvorson, Jonathan Kreisberg and John Scofield are my recent favorites among the living. I'm a journalist and a surfer.

Martin
Uh (duh),
Much as I hate to admit, I think I forgot to do my quick intro/bio on the forum....

Geographic Location? .....As you know by now, I live in the Cape Fear, NC area, north of Myrtle Beach. Originally from Virginia, lived in OBX for years, then retired and came here. Truly a great place to be!

How did you discover Eastman?.......I bumped into many posts about Eastmans on other forums - first as a curiosity, then some folks saying these are 'the real deal'. One day I dropped into a music shop with an AC422, and couldn't believe how nice it was for the money (under $600 used at the time). Ended up buying my E6 om on a whim (and because of price) adn couldn't believe how well it sounds and plays (I still can't).

Favorites related to Eastman - favorite models & wood combos, and which model is next on your purchase list? .... Well, I like acoustic music, americana - bluegrass, folk, blues, etc. Finger style and cross-picking. I would have to say my favorites are the E series OM's and the AC 22 series. I am currently looking for that 'holy grail' Eastman rosewood OM, and I'd love to get hold of a nice 722 ce... Then I will be done. I think. Maybe.

Music interests & anything else? Retired, married 34 years. Thru-hiker, sea kayaker, cyclist, golfer, bill-payer, college-funder, etc. Worked a couple of political campaigns when younger, these days just an interested observer. Pretty avid reader - Woodward, Kearns-Goodwin, Taibbi, Connelly, Koontz, King, etc. Right now I am just working to get better at fingerstyle blues/ instrumentals/americana.
MartinW, welcome to the EGF. Eastman archtops are a great place to start.

Cape Fear, hope you guys are recovering from the hurricane ok. Michael missed ATL last night, but the high winds & 3" rain left some fairly good sized oak limbs in my driveway for my old back to deal with this morning.

bert
(10-11-2018, 06:36 AM)Bert Wrote: MartinW, welcome to the EGF. Eastman archtops are a great place to start.

Cape Fear, hope you guys are recovering from the hurricane ok. Michael missed ATL last night, but the high winds & 3" rain left some fairly good sized oak limbs in my driveway for my old back to deal with this morning.

bert

Welcome, MartinW!

Yeah, Bert, I remember you said you were in that general area, I thought about you guys last night (but the strom busted thru pretty fast and lost steam pretty quickly, luckily). We're getting some bluster here, some rain bands, but really no more than a spring thunderstorm. My son up in Raleigh is probably getting more serious weather than we are.
Re: Florence, I am pretty much dug out, waiting for a couple of quotes on a new roof, my 4 big trees are cut up and have been hauled away...... and my back is still sore as well! Thanks for asking!
Meathead likes this post
Welcome MartinW!

Cape Fear - thanks for sharing your intro, I know you've been posting for a bit here. I think it helped that I gave the Introduction thread it's own section here on the forum to help folks find it. Again, glad you joined us.
Pura Vida likes this post
Geographic Location?
Far northern Illinois near the Wisconsin border

How did you discover Eastman?
About 7 years ago I was looking for a decent mandolin without breaking the bank and all my web searching kept bringing me back to Eastman so I bought a MD605. After that I taught at a music store that carried Eastman so I was able to audition a lot of different models and I ended up getting a AC722CE (love that guitar) Recently I just bought a T486 love that guitar too. I currently have an E20D on order. I'm a lefty so I have to select what's available when it's available 

Favorites related to Eastman - favorite models & wood combos, and which model is next on your purchase list?
I love so many of their models but if the right Archtop came along it would be hard for me to say no. I also have my eye on an E20OO

Music interests & anything else?
I own a recording studio and spent my career recording bands, songwriters jingles etc. A couple of years ago I decided to open my own music store and of course I started carrying Eastman. Throughout the years I've played in many bands and I'm currently mainly playing acoustic music solo and in a duo.
Rich likes this post
(11-14-2018, 05:35 AM)Thedman Wrote: Geographic Location?
Far northern Illinois near the Wisconsin border

How did you discover Eastman?
About 7 years ago I was looking for a decent mandolin without breaking the bank and all my web searching kept bringing me back to Eastman so I bought a MD605. After that I taught at a music store that carried Eastman so I was able to audition a lot of different models and I ended up getting a AC722CE (love that guitar) Recently I just bought a T486 love that guitar too. I currently have an E20D on order. I'm a lefty so I have to select what's available when it's available 

Favorites related to Eastman - favorite models & wood combos, and which model is next on your purchase list?
I love so many of their models but if the right Archtop came along it would be hard for me to say no. I also have my eye on an E20OO

Music interests & anything else?
I own a recording studio and spent my career recording bands, songwriters jingles etc. A couple of years ago I decided to open my own music store and of course I started carrying Eastman. Throughout the years I've played in many bands and I'm currently mainly playing acoustic music solo and in a duo.

Welcome you old hippy (it takes one to know one ha ha!)
Alan
''Bad company done got me here …'' - Rev Gary Davis

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Allow myself to introduce...myself 3DayPhunk 7 2,142 01-10-2019, 10:49 PM
Last Post: Wildfield