Introduce yourself!
(02-07-2018, 03:19 PM)Aviv91952 Wrote: I live in Louisville Kentucky. I have two Eastman guitars .... one is a 2004 800 roundhole archtop I use for Klezmer and jazz, the other is a slothead OM AC 512 for flatpicking and some fingerstyle. I play a little bit of everything from country blues to trad jazz.

Welcome Aviv - glad you joined!

I also have an Eastman AC 512 and it is an incredible guitar!  I'd love to see a picture of yours -- particularly with the slothead... I wish my Eastman had that.
Hi everyone, 

My name is Nathan and I found this forum based on a post in AGF. 

I'm in Connecticut - just moved here with my wife last year.

I just discovered the Eastman brand and after a lot of research, had to get one for myself! It's coming in the mail later this week, so I'll be sure and post some pictures in a different thread when it comes Smile
(02-11-2018, 07:11 PM)CRM Wrote: Hi Nathan welcome aboard the Eastman forum.  What model did you end up ordering.....You will like it here with all the great people that has joined to date.  
Curt

Thanks Curt! I ended up getting the AC822, no cutaway or electronics.
Welcome, Nathan! Glad to have you here.
"It's only castles burning." -- Neil Young
Hi Nathan - welcome to the forum!

Curious - which thread on the AGF pointed you here? I posted about the availability of this Eastman focused forum on AGF back in September (when we first launched) - and the thread was promptly deleted by the AGF mods within a few minutes. Anyway - welcome again!
Hello everybody on EGF, I'm Gary and this is my first post. I live in music city, Nashville, Tennessee where there's a stage on every corner.  I serendipitously found this forum while  searching for a pick guard for my newly purchased E10 00.
I've known about Eastman guitars for many years and have always been interested in them. The E10's  are my favorites  especially the E10 SS and the E10 00.
 I really like the combination of mahogany and Spruce, so when I found the E10 00 at a very reasonable price, I jumped on it, and am very glad I did. 
 I love acoustic blues and some of my favorites are Muddy Waters, Lightin Hopkins,
John Lee Hooker and anyone who plays bottleneck. This is a great guitar for that kind of music. I love everything about the guitar except I really want a vintage style firestriped pickguard for it.  I've seen some of the newer ones with the pickguard  and think they're awesome, does anybody know where I can get one? I reached out to Eastman but they replied that they don't stock them, so I was hoping someone here might know where I could find one.
Gary B, welcome and come on in the house, make yourself at home. Thankfully this forum will let you use the word Hooker without being censored. I bought my first John Lee album in around 1968, still have it plus a bunch of others.

You might try Robin over at Guitar Gallery in Nashville for a pickguard. Bet if you took your 00 in she could find one or have one made. She picked out the one on my E20OM-TC a couple months ago, couldn't have asked for better.

As a new member and in celebration of our late friend Muddy, let the big dog eat:

https://youtu.be/VyWF5zrQnNY
Quote:Gary B, welcome and come on in the house, make yourself at home.  Thankfully this forum will let you use the word Hooker without being censored.  I bought my first John Lee album in around 1968, still have it plus a bunch of others.

You might try Robin over at Guitar Gallery in Nashville for a pickguard.  Bet if you took your 00 in she could find one or have one made.  She picked out the one on my E20OM-TC a couple months ago, couldn't have asked for better.

As a new member and in celebration of our late friend Muddy, let the big dog eat:

https://youtu.be/VyWF5zrQnNY

Thank you Burt for the warm welcome. I've heard great things about the guitar gallery and I plan to go as soon as possible. Thanks for posting a great video of Muddy.
Welcome, Gary. You can also try Taylor at Holter Pickguards. He is also in Nashville and highly regarded. I’m talking with him now to make a guard for my 2mo E40D.
"It's only castles burning." -- Neil Young
Hey Gary - welcome to the forum, glad you joined the crew! For the record, like you, I also love the Eastman wood combo of Hog and Spurce, the favorite for my ears...

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Allow myself to introduce...myself 3DayPhunk 7 2,143 01-10-2019, 10:49 PM
Last Post: Wildfield