Eastman E1D Special - Just pulled the trigger
Thanks for your kind replies.

The guitar has been delivered in advance, I was not expecting this. It arrived in perfect condition and I can say that the manufacturing level is outstanding.

That guitar is flawless. Period.

As I started playing it, I didn't like what I was hearing as I was comparing it to my other acoustics, a Gibson J-45 and an Adamas 1687-8 GT.

Well, this guitar os not a Gibson nor an Adamas, it has its own thing going on and as I started embracing it for what it was, I also started appreciating it.

The top is thermo cured, so it is supposed to deliver a mature tone, however I have a feeling that with some more time it will open nicely. I like the highs of this guitar, they’re not excessive (if it makes sense) and I find it balanced, however it is lacking some bass. Do you think it is the way it is supposed to be or will ot open? Maybe I was expecting the raucous voice of ny J-45, which it is obviously not.

All in all it is a great guitar I think, with a crazy low action and zero buzzing (how is this even possible??). I will keep it as I think she has a place between my J-45 and my Adamas, it is a nice complement to both of them. I will try to post a pic or two when I am back home, I am with my g'friend now for the Easter holidays.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Eastman E1D Special - Just pulled the trigger - by mimmo - 03-31-2024, 12:32 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Eastman E1D special. REHII 5 1,897 10-07-2023, 06:28 PM
Last Post: REHII
  Eastman E1D Special? Blackmore Fan 11 4,003 09-27-2023, 10:14 PM
Last Post: REHII
  Pulled the Trigger on E6D Ted 7 2,270 11-21-2020, 04:59 AM
Last Post: Ted