T59v Tuner Issue/Question
Hi all,

I'm a proud new owner of a T59v as of this weekend. I wanted to replace the strings, and I ran into trouble with the tuner for the low E string. Trying to wind the string, the tuner was occasionally really tight and would pop and unwind a bit. I took the string out and removed the tuner from the headstock to test it completely by itself and found the same issue: the resistance wasn't smooth and would pop/snap every few rotations. I'm assuming it's a random isolated issue, and the tuner is just bad--not sure how or if I broke it myself. I ordered a new set of SD90 Relics and am hoping that I should be able to just replace the one and be all set. Anxiously waiting for them to show up at the end of the week, so I thought I'd double check here to see if you all think my logic tracks or if I should just take the guitar back to the shop for a hopefully complementary repair.
Certainly not a normal thing to happen.  Couldn’t think you did anything to break it.  I would call the shop, suspect they will take care of it.  It’s a great guitar!
SRK - if you return the guitar to the shop you must replace the tuner you removed and best keep schtum about having removed it. Do keep us informed of progress, and good luck!
p.s. in these situations might it be worth while seeking out a single tuner new/used on Ebay or similar. Bit of a long shot I suppose.
Alan
''Bad company done got me here …'' - Rev Gary Davis

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  T59v headstock question. Harmonious 13 4,565 04-18-2021, 09:30 AM
Last Post: Pura Vida