Eastman E1D Special - Just pulled the trigger
Hi all

I am a long time lurker but don't post very often. This is a very nice place and I'm very excited to share with you my new purchase, an Eastman E1D Special.

Thermo cured solid sitka spruce top, quilted sapele b/s, ebony fingerboard, 1 3/4" nut. True tone gloss finish, hand scalloped bracing.

Sounds like a nice guitar, can't wait to have it here!

Any experience with this guitar?
sleigh likes this post

Attached Files

I have played one as well as one of the OMs. I was impressed by the build quality and tone. Maybe a touch brighter than mahogany. Congratulations. Let us know what you think after you receive it.
Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans. John Lennon

Current stable - prone to frequent changes
(03-24-2024, 03:10 AM)TomC Wrote: I have played one as well as one of the OMs. I was impressed by the build quality and tone. Maybe a touch brighter than mahogany. Congratulations. Let us know what you think after you receive it.

Thanks Tom! A slightly brighter guitar is exactly was I was looking for as my main is a Gibson J-45, so hopefully they will complement each other nicely.
(03-24-2024, 01:04 AM)mimmo Wrote: Hi mimmo,
I got mine a week ago...and I am very happy. This guitar has a bright sound with loads of overtones. Very hard to put down one you start playing. You will love yours.
Congrats and good luck! Smile.

I am a long time lurker but don't post very often. This is a very nice place and I'm very excited to share with you my new purchase, an Eastman E1D Special.

Thermo cured solid sitka spruce top, quilted sapele b/s, ebony fingerboard, 1 3/4" nut. True tone gloss finish, hand scalloped bracing.

Sounds like a nice guitar, can't wait to have it here!

Any experience with this guitar?

Attached Files
.jpg
File size: 110.92 KB
Downloads: 82
.jpg
File size: 126.86 KB
Downloads: 84

Becaye
Eastman E10 OOM
Eastman E1 D Special
Eastman E1 OM Special
Very nice! I like the tone of Sepele. My E1SS-CLA-LTD has great tone.
(03-24-2024, 08:34 AM)oldtone Wrote: Very nice! I like the tone of Sepele. My E1SS-CLA-LTD has great tone.

I have had one for about a month. Just took it back in for the free set up they offer. I've had a Guild D25 all my life and was looking for a second guitar for another location. Played a few Guilds, Yamahs, Taylors, Martins  and landed on the E1. Love the tone and build and wanted something under 1000.00. They had lots of Eastmans and they all sound great. Very different than the competition that's for sure. They really stand out.   Great choice my friend.
TomC, AlanSam, sleigh like this post
Thanks Tom, that's what I was hoping for: a different sounding guitar.

My actual acoustics are a Gibson J-45 and an Adamas 1687-8 GT, I have great hope that the Eastman will fit right in the middle. Will be delivered on Tuesday but I won't be home that day, so I have to wait until Wednesday.

Fingers crossed!
AlanSam and sleigh like this post
Mimmo. let us know your thoughts on Wednesday!
hardycreek1 likes this post
Best, Steve

6 string acoustics: 2018 Eastman E10D (Red Spruce/Mahogany); 2021 Eastman E6D-TC (Alpine Spruce/Mahogany); 2021 AC522CE - GB (European Spruce/Mahogany)
Electric guitar: 1964 Guild Starfire V semi-hollow electric
Acoustic Bass: Epiphone El Capitan 5 String Acoustic/Electric Fretless (Year ?)
YouTube: sleighwriter
Beautiful guitar! Looking forward to reading your thoughts and seeing some more pictures!! Smile
Thanks for your kind replies.

The guitar has been delivered in advance, I was not expecting this. It arrived in perfect condition and I can say that the manufacturing level is outstanding.

That guitar is flawless. Period.

As I started playing it, I didn't like what I was hearing as I was comparing it to my other acoustics, a Gibson J-45 and an Adamas 1687-8 GT.

Well, this guitar os not a Gibson nor an Adamas, it has its own thing going on and as I started embracing it for what it was, I also started appreciating it.

The top is thermo cured, so it is supposed to deliver a mature tone, however I have a feeling that with some more time it will open nicely. I like the highs of this guitar, they’re not excessive (if it makes sense) and I find it balanced, however it is lacking some bass. Do you think it is the way it is supposed to be or will ot open? Maybe I was expecting the raucous voice of ny J-45, which it is obviously not.

All in all it is a great guitar I think, with a crazy low action and zero buzzing (how is this even possible??). I will keep it as I think she has a place between my J-45 and my Adamas, it is a nice complement to both of them. I will try to post a pic or two when I am back home, I am with my g'friend now for the Easter holidays.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Eastman E1D special. REHII 5 1,847 10-07-2023, 06:28 PM
Last Post: REHII
  Eastman E1D Special? Blackmore Fan 11 3,903 09-27-2023, 10:14 PM
Last Post: REHII
  Pulled the Trigger on E6D Ted 7 2,233 11-21-2020, 04:59 AM
Last Post: Ted