NGD E10OO
[Image: n1X7ivJ.jpg][Image: WmVMrxE.jpg][Image: yXjLTgA.jpg][Image: NWWBa5T.jpg]I went to acoustic music dot org in Guilford CT yesterday in order to try some guitars with wider fretboards than my Guild GF30. I have been feeling like my large hands are ill served by the 1&11/16 nut on the Guild. The folks there were great, I tried four guitars, a Larivee Tommy Emanuel, a Waterloo WL-K, and two Eastman, an E10OM and an E10OO, which I bought. I also really liked the Waterloo WL-K, but it was significantly more expensive.
Acoustic Music was great to deal with. I traded two Guilds, the GF30 and a D4, both Westerly RI made. They gave me a very fair price for both. Although I am a bit sad to get rid of guitars made in the town I was born in, I’m already noticing a big difference in cleanly fretting notes. It also helps with wife approval that two guitars went out and one came home.
NoiseFloor, sagebrush tom, DonJmmn, SasquatchLife, Pura Vida like this post
Great looking guitar. I very much want to get my hands on one of these 00’s. If it has the lovely sounds like the E10 OM I picked up this summer you are in for some great times.
Enjoy
Pura Vida likes this post
Love the 00 body size!  The extra upper bout gives it a fuller sound than you'd expect from such a small guitar.  I wish I could get one, but I really need one with a 1-3/4" nut width.  My daughter's E1OO-LTD was made with 1-3/4", even though the original spec said 1-11/16" for this model, so it's a lot of fun to play.
davidbeinct likes this post
"It's only castles burning." -- Neil Young
Congrats, you have purchased one fine little guitar! I too own a E10 00 which has become my go to guitar.  Don't worry about the lofty neck size you'll grow to love it!
davidbeinct and Pura Vida like this post
2015 E20 OM SB Eastman
2021 000-15 SM Martin
2016 00-18 Martin
2015 E10 00 Eastman
Congrats!  I have the E10P and I love it.  I have wide palms and stubby inflexible fingers so the extra nut width is great for me.  It's my favorite neck, although I do get along well with the 1 & 3/4 as well.  That guitar is a beaut!
Eastman:
Soon... I don't know what I was thinking

Non-Eastman:
2005 Gibson Songwriter Deluxe
Martin 000 Jr.
Very nice-looking guitar, David -- congratulations! Enjoy playing the beauty!
Best, Steve

6 string acoustics: 2018 Eastman E10D (Red Spruce/Mahogany); 2021 Eastman E6D-TC (Alpine Spruce/Mahogany); 2021 AC522CE - GB (European Spruce/Mahogany)
Electric guitar: 1964 Guild Starfire V semi-hollow electric
Acoustic Bass: Epiphone El Capitan 5 String Acoustic/Electric Fretless (Year ?)
YouTube: sleighwriter
(11-12-2020, 07:37 PM)NoiseFloor Wrote: Congrats!  I have the E10P and I love it.  I have wide palms and stubby inflexible fingers so the extra nut width is great for me.  It's my favorite neck, although I do get along well with the 1 & 3/4 as well.  That guitar is a beaut!

Thanks. We have similar hands. I wear xl gloves because of palm width but I don’t need the last 3/8” of fingertip in the gloves. When I demoed my new Eastman alongside a Waterloo 12 fret there were things I liked about each neck. I can fret this little OO cleaner than any other guitar I’ve ever played so I think it will serve my journey well.
NoiseFloor likes this post
[Image: rD0Z6to.jpg] I did some minor surgery last night. I think small slotheads look better sans pickguard. Gently pried it up. Cleanup was several iterations of Goo Gone followed by water. Final rubdown with the Eastman supplied polishing cloth. I think it looks great. There’s a slight tan line if you look closely. I imagine that will go away with time.
Pura Vida, Roy, DonJmmn, SasquatchLife, AlanSam, NoiseFloor like this post
(11-13-2020, 06:20 AM)davidbeinct Wrote: [Image: rD0Z6to.jpg] I did some minor surgery last night. I think small slotheads look better sans pickguard. Gently pried it up. Cleanup was several iterations of Goo Gone followed by water. Final rubdown with the Eastman supplied polishing cloth. I think it looks great. There’s a slight tan line if you look closely. I imagine that will go away with time.

I think it does look better too for that particular guitar.
Great job on removing it, and it's hardly noticeable. I would also imagine it will be virtually unnoticeable once the top starts to darken.
2020 Eastman E8OM-TC
2023 Eastman E2D
Beautiful, congrats! Were you able to remove the pickguard without heating it?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Eastman E10OO vs E20OO, Perhaps E40OO mrbeans 6 1,990 10-26-2023, 04:42 PM
Last Post: Nickjwill
  11 52 on E10oo dcjekyll 8 1,478 04-06-2023, 11:19 AM
Last Post: kruto
Photo NGD E10OO-M Vapour 28 6,545 09-26-2022, 01:40 PM
Last Post: Pura Vida