File size: 96.12 KB
Downloads: 92
.jpeg
File size: 113.18 KB
Downloads: 73

Rad,
That is a great looking guard!
Rad likes this post
Alright, looks great!  Glad he's got yours done... maybe he can work on mine later this week.  Smile
Can't wait to see it on your E20D-TC.
Rad likes this post
"It's only castles burning." -- Neil Young
I have one of his pickguards on my E40SB. He does it right !
Pura Vida likes this post
Taylor did this for one me on the same model.
Pura Vida and Zissou Intern like this post

Attached Files

(08-10-2020, 06:21 PM)jphenderson91 Wrote: Taylor did this for one me on the same model.

You have good taste in guitars Big Grin
Pura Vida likes this post
(08-10-2020, 11:28 AM)Rad Wrote: Taylor did a great job!  This is for my E20D-TC

It is getting shipped today

How does this attach?  Does it have an adhesive backing?  Looks nice!
Yes, he sends with an adhesive back, so it's peel and stick.  I usually line up the guard and attach some tape to the lower part of the guard to create a "hinge."  Then, I practice a few times to make sure it will fall where I expect it (b/c you only get one real chance to get it right). Once I'm sure I have it lined up correctly, I remove the backing paper and attach the guard to the guitar.  It's always a little nerve-racking to me, but it's always turned out fine.  There are YouTube videos showing this process.
"It's only castles burning." -- Neil Young
Friends don’t let friends play guitars with pickguards at least that’s what Leo thought

From AGF “Many moons ago in a previous life I witnessed and heard the results of "pickguard removal" on a 6 string Gibson dreadnaught acoustic.

Leo Kottke was visiting me at my old house. My sister-in-law Debbo wanted Leo to check out her guitar, a cherry sunburst Gibson that was her pride and joy.

Leo looked it over, did some quick picking, and said that it would sound much better if he took off the pickguard.

I could see the look of panic building in Debbo's eyes. She didn't want anyone to mess with her Gibson, but she couldn't tell a well known guitar player like Leo not to do it.

Before she could open her mouth, Leo had run into the kitchen and came back with a kitchen knife. Seconds later, the pickguard was in his hands...Debbo was in complete shock.

But the Gibson in question did sound MUCH better. More open, and clearer in the high end. Better definition. Debbo never glued the pickguard on again.

Moral of the story: plastic don't sound good. Pickguards can help your guitar retain it's appearance, but they don't do anything good for tone.”
AlanSam likes this post
1890s Lyon and Healy Parlor
1964 Martin 016-NY
1945 Martin 00-21
Larrivee 00-40M burst
Santa Cruz 000 12 fret sitka/EIR
Santa Cruz OM Sitka/Cocobolo
Bourgeois Slope D Custom 12 fret Adi/Sinker Hog
(08-11-2020, 10:23 AM)Jeffacme Wrote: Friends don’t let friends play guitars with pickguards at least that’s what Leo thought

From AGF “Many moons ago in a previous life I witnessed and heard the results of "pickguard removal" on a 6 string Gibson dreadnaught acoustic.

Leo Kottke was visiting me at my old house. My sister-in-law Debbo wanted Leo to check out her guitar, a cherry sunburst Gibson that was her pride and joy.

Leo looked it over, did some quick picking, and said that it would sound much better if he took off the pickguard.

I could see the look of panic building in Debbo's eyes. She didn't want anyone to mess with her Gibson, but she couldn't tell a well known guitar player like Leo not to do it.

Before she could open her mouth, Leo had run into the kitchen and came back with a kitchen knife. Seconds later, the pickguard was in his hands...Debbo was in complete shock.

But the Gibson in question did sound MUCH better. More open, and clearer in the high end. Better definition. Debbo never glued the pickguard on again.

Moral of the story: plastic don't sound good. Pickguards can help your guitar retain it's appearance, but they don't do anything good for tone.”

Kottke, saw him way back in the 70’s at the Troubadour.  What a show in that tiny venue.  

Willie is not into pickguards either.
AlanSam likes this post

Attached Files