Hello From A Eastman Newbie
Hello folks, I just purchased a very nice example of an Eastman E1D for a price that was hard to believe at my local shop in Black Mountain, NC.  I went there to buy a used dread I saw posted on consignment, but when I played this Eastman, I went whoa! I checked out the action and it had a ton of saddle, great I can lower the action a bit, which was a bit high for me.  I play fingerstyle and flatpick both.  It blows my mind the build quality and specs of this guitar for the price, I really don't care it's made in China. I looked up some info because I had not heard of Eastmans and saw they are handcrafted with care. Then I saw this forum, cool I said! I am a long time player and have mostly smaller bodied acoustics from Martin, Yamaha, Bedell, Fox and Andrew White.  But needed a dread for some reason :-)) I've never had a sapele guitar, but it sounds great and will only get better as I play it.
I don't play out much anymore, use to be in a few bands, trio's etc; but do some home recording stuff these days. My wife and I use to play as a duo, she sings well, me not so much. 
Anyway just wanted to say hello to everyone and I will be perusing here.  Thank you for having me!
Welcome and congrats on you new Eastman!!!
nobodeuno likes this post
Eastman E1SS                                       Guild D40E
Eastman AC322ce                                  Guild D20E
                                                            Guild D2512 12 string
Eastman  E1D-CLA  (Split Bridge Sad )      G&L ASAT Special Tribute                            
Eastman E2D-BK   (Lifting Bridge  Angry )         
Welcome Bart. Congratulations on the new E1D.
Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans. John Lennon

Current stable - prone to frequent changes
Congratulations Bart - we all experience that Eastman 'WHOA' moment.
Alan
''Bad company done got me here …'' - Rev Gary Davis
Welcome to EGF, Nobodeuno!

I have the cedar/sapele E2D sibling to your E1D, and I am as impressed with my guitar, as it seems you are with yours.   Smile  Eastman really does put out a high quality product.

I look forward to your discussions with all of us.

Rod
Welcome to the EGF!  Glad you found Eastman and our forum.
"It's only castles burning." -- Neil Young

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Newbie looking for info RKIVES 2 1,089 07-27-2023, 06:44 AM
Last Post: RKIVES
  Newbie Ralphy 4 936 01-28-2023, 06:42 PM
Last Post: Guzzi Fan
  Newbie Arrival Guzzi Fan 14 2,359 05-11-2021, 06:33 AM
Last Post: Guzzi Fan