E40OM-TC
Just placed an order today for an E40OM-TC  from Ted @ LAGS. He had two of the (He says seven were built?) E40OM-TC models with the bolt on Bourgeois "Tone-Tight" neck joint and a standard 25.4" scale length. Be next week before I get it as it has to travel coats to coast. But I'm excited to have a "true" Eastman OM as everyone I've seen or played had the 24.9" (000) scale length. Not sure why they don't call them 000's instead of OM's but I guess they must have their reasons. 

He has one more if anyone is interested...just a PSA of sorts?
DonJmmn, sleigh, AlanSam, Pura Vida like this post
You can never do the wrong thing by doing the right thing...
Jim
The hardware necks are heavier! Be aware of that going in.

Down the road, they obviously have their benefits, though.
AlanSam likes this post
2021 Eastman AC622CE
2020 Eastman E40OM
2020 Eastman AC308CE (Limited Edition)
2020 Martin HD-28
2021 Eastman PCH3-GACE
2004 Gibson Les Paul Studio, wine red
1999 Taylor 714 custom, Cedar/Brazilian Rosewood
Well I guess that stands to reason...the bolts have to weigh something. Going forward I've heard all the traditional "E" models will have a dovetail neck joint and the "OM" models will continue to have a 24.9" scale length. Don't know if these few tone-tight models with the 25.4" scale were part of the prototypes for the Bourgeois/Eastman venture or not. Seems those models will all have the tone-tight bolt on necks and standard 25.4" scale length.
AlanSam likes this post
You can never do the wrong thing by doing the right thing...
Jim
Congrats, Jim.  That’s pretty exciting to get ahold of an E40OM with TC and the bolt-on neck and the longer (standard) scale length.  As you mention, those last two features were piloted with a very limited run, but no intention to carry forward.  I love my Eastman OMs, but I’d welcome both of those features, if they were available at the time.

Although nobody knows why Eastman chose to use the OM nomenclature, my guess is that they wanted to avoid the Martin names, where possible: 000 is OM, 0 is P (for parlor).  I guess there’s no substitute for a 00.  But the 000 vs OM naming sure does confuse or annoy people, LOL.
"It's only castles burning." -- Neil Young

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ‘18 E40OM vs ‘21 E40OM-TC Bourgeois influenced TomC 12 854 Yesterday, 08:38 PM
Last Post: Gustavo Eiriz