Thinking about purchasing the E10D-TC
Music 
Thinking about purchasing the Eastman E10D-TC this will be my first Eastman guitar was wondering what everyones opinion is on this guitar Im thinking of buying this over the Martin D18
Dusty
Welcome . Others will definitely chime in, but I can offer my experience and thoughts between the two.
1) Necks - the Martin Modified Low Oval will be thinner (usually) than the comparable Eastman. I wrote usually as Eastmans are still hand made and there will be variances from one guitar to the next. Nothing outrageous but subtle. Typically Eastman's C shaped neck is thicker than the Martin MLO.
2) I have never heard of the bindings on an Eastman coming unglued. That has been an issue with Martins for several years. I do not know how prevalent the problem is, but it does come up often on guitar forums. In general I consider Eastman's quality on par with Martin's and maybe a touch better.
3) Weight - the Martin will have a lighter build.
4) The Eastman top is torrefied Adirondack and the Martin standard Sitka. Some like this others don't. The Adirondack may give you more volume and distinct notes vs. the sweeter tone of the Martin. A more direct comparison to a D18 would be the E6D-TC which has the Sitka top. 
5) The Eastman back and sides are African mahogany (Khaya) whereas the Martin is Honduran mahogany. I have seen some really wild grain patterns with the Khaya.
6) Tone - the Eastman will not sound like a Martin. I have heard it described as "modern" FWIW but I think of it as more balanced and not as bass dominant. If what you hope to hear is that classic mahogany dread, get the Martin. 
7) Price - about $1K less. But see #6 above. If you want the Martin tone, the price difference will not make up for it.
8) Resale - If this is even a concern, Martins are an easier sell but you may take a bigger hit total dollar wise. Current price on a Martin is $2800 with resale in excellent condition $1800-$2000. Current MAP on E10D-TC - $1599 with resale about $1000-$1100. You should be able to work out a deal on either at a minimum of 10% off up to 15% off on the Eastman. There is currently one in the EGF classifieds for $1k even - https://www.eastmanguitarfans.com/Thread...M-TC-E20OM (Re-wrote for better clarity 05/01)

Conclusion - Both are great guitars. The Martin D-18 is a classic. They have been around for 90 years in their current 14 fret iteration. Martin must be doing something right. The Eastman is no slouch. It is an excellent instrument and not just for the money. My preference is for slope shoulder jumbos (Gibson J45 type). But if I was looking at a new Martin style mahogany dread, I would have no qualms about getting an Eastman E6 or E10D-TC over the Martin.

Good luck with your search. I am not sure where you are located, but some of the Eastman dealers also carry Martin. I know Ted at LA Guitar Sales will give you straightforward and honest information on both guitars.
DukeS, AlanSam, Meathead, sleigh like this post
Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans. John Lennon

Current stable - prone to frequent changes
(04-30-2024, 02:09 PM)Dusty420 Wrote: Thinking about purchasing the Eastman E10D-TC this will be my first Eastman guitar was wondering what everyones opinion is on this guitar Im thinking of buying this over the Martin D18

I am also thinking about it. I played one a couple weeks ago. Great tone. Prefer the warm mahogany over the rosewood. Never played a D18. 1,599.00 VS 2399.00. That's easy for me.
AlanSam likes this post
Like Tom mentioned the D-18 is bass dominant. I really like a balanced guitar and personally I have always liked the E6D, it was one the first Eastman's I played back in 2017-18.
I am also looking at mahogany dreadnoughts for unplugged outdoor performance this Spring/Summer/Fall. Before I purchase a E6D, I am considering the Touchstone Country Boy, if I can get a discount.
Good luck
Duke
AlanSam and TomC like this post
My favorite guitar is still my E10D (non-TC)...
TomC and AlanSam like this post
Best, Steve

6 string acoustics: 2018 Eastman E10D (Red Spruce/Mahogany); 2021 Eastman E6D-TC (Alpine Spruce/Mahogany); 2021 AC522CE - GB (European Spruce/Mahogany)
Electric guitar: 1964 Guild Starfire V semi-hollow electric
Acoustic Bass: Epiphone El Capitan 5 String Acoustic/Electric Fretless (Year ?)
YouTube: sleighwriter