Recent 60s Reissue Gibson Slopes with adj saddles.
These are my Gibson purchases of late. The J-45 is from 2023 and the J-50 is from 2020.My initial impression after having the 50 for mere days is that there is very little difference in tone compared with the red 45. They are both home run examples to my ears, and testament to the fact that Gibson is building very consistent guitars nowadays.

I’ve always hear non flattering commentary about Gibsons with adjustable saddles. Then I played one and it was over.

For what it’s worth these were each bought used for less than the price of a new E20ss. 

I wanted to post this here, because I did first try an E10ss/v. The Gibsons have more bass, and more range. The Eastman sounded a little too trebly for my liking, with not enough bass. Anyways, different folks, different ears, no knock on Eastman, but it’s good to know there Are choices out there.

[Image: 7yAn87oh.jpg]
TomC, DukeS, AlanSam like this post
Thanks Sal for the post. I have owned the '50's version of both of these. I shied away from the adjustable saddle version due to reading too much. I agree with you on the quality of the two I had - very well made and finished without any QC issue. I wish I would have kept the J-50 one.
Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans. John Lennon

Current stable - prone to frequent changes